As Councillor of Ward 3, here are some issues that I will focus my attention on:
It is time to bring some fiscal sanity and practicality back to City Hall. Calgary taxpayers deserve a break from high spending elected officials. An example of this is wasting $2.3 million on an unenforceable law. (lowering the speed limit to 40 Km in residential areas)
- Focus more attention on Economic Development “focus on attracting businesses, and less time trying to justify decisions” If people have jobs, businesses and families can survive, our economy will once again flourish.
- Implement term limits on Councillors and the Mayor.
- Fix the 7-year-old tax system imbalances.
- Tax Reform
- Address the assessment system imbalances,
- Conduct an organizational review and forensic audit of all departments.
- Fluoride should not be put back in our drinking water.
- Accountability to the electorate.
City politicians can save taxpayers an enormous amount of time and money when they focus on roads, sewers, garbage and basic community services. What is happening now is politicians telling everyone else or level of government how to do their job. It is time for elected officials to stay in their own lane.